A day off school? Why not spend your P.A. Day at the Heritage Centre! OFAH P.A. Day programs offer full-day, action-packed activities for youth aged 6-13, fully supervised by qualified OFAH staff and volunteers.
Our themed P.A. Day programs are sure to meet a wide range of interests and skills. From team building and cooperative games to scavenger hunts and target practice on our Excalibur Archery Range and Stoeger Airgun Range, participants will have the chance to explore the centre, explore the great outdoors and try something new!
Cost is $30 per participant.
Participants are asked to bring their own nut-free, litterless lunch and snacks, outdoor gear, indoor shoes and a re-useable water bottle. Program runs from 9am to 4pm, with before and after care available from 8am to 5pm for an additional $5.
*Please note: beginning in 2019, PA Day programs will be $33 per participant and before and after care will not be an additional charge. Care will be available 8 am – 5 pm and programs will continue to run 9 am – 4 pm.
Click here to view our P.A. day Refund Policy
Upcoming P.A. Day Programs:
CLICK HERE to register online NOW
Or call 705-748-6324 ext. 102
- Friday, November 23rd, 2018 – Buck Fever (all school boards)
- It’s deer hunting season and we have buck fever! Join us as we learn about our Ontario deer species, hunting and how hunters play a major role in conservation in our province.
- Thursday, January 3rd, 2019 – Trappers’ Tales (all school boards)
- The fur trade played a fundamental role in Canada’s history and trapping is a tradition that continues today. This PA day program explores Ontario’s furbearers and how trappers contribute to conservation in our country.
- Friday, January 4th, 2019 – Winter Wonderland (all school boards)
- It’s a winter wonderland at the HFHC! Join us as we learn about how our wildlife survive and thrive during our Canadian winters and how we can help our local wildlife during the cold season.
- Friday, February 1st, 2019 – Animal Adaptations (all school boards)
- From the bottom of lakes to the icy Arctic, Canadian animals have amazing adaptations to survive in their environments. This PA day, we’ll discover how wildlife species use these adaptations and how humans influence them to adapt in their habitats.
- Friday, March 8th, 2019 – March Break Warmup (KPR only)
- Help us warm up for our WILD March Break programs with a day of wildlife fun and games at the HFHC! Packed with hands-on activities, crafts, shooting ranges and, of course, outdoor fun, this will be an exciting day for all!
- Friday, April 5th, 2019 – Turkey Talk (KPR & TLDSB only)
- It’s April, which means turkey hunting season is right around the corner! Join us as we learn all about our colourful, feathered friends and the OFAH’s role in bringing this species back to Ontario.
- Friday, May 10th, 2019 – BEE-utiful Biodiversity (PVNCC only)
- May 22 is the International Day for Biodiversity and we are celebrating with a day of eco-activities! Join us as we learn about our Ontario pollinators and all of our roles in practicing conservation.
- Friday, June 7th, 2019 – Scales and Tails (KPR & PVNCC only)
- With the warm weather comes the beginning of many fishing seasons in Ontario! From their scales to their tails, we will learn about many unique fish species and how it’s our role as anglers to help protect our fish and waterways.
- Friday, June 28th, 2019 – Canadian Critters (KPR & PVNCC only)
- Happy Canada Day! Our final PA Day of the school year will be packed with exciting activities that focus on iconic Canadian species as we prepare for summer break!