A day off school? Why not spend your P.A. Day at the Heritage Centre! OFAH P.A. Day programs offer full-day, action-packed activities for youth aged 6-13, fully supervised by qualified OFAH staff and volunteers.
Our themed P.A. Day programs are sure to meet a wide range of interests and skills. From team building and cooperative games to scavenger hunts and target practice on our Excalibur Archery Range and Stoeger Airgun Range, participants will have the chance to explore the centre, explore the great outdoors and try something new!
Cost is $30 per participant.
Participants are asked to bring their own nut-free, litterless lunch and snacks, outdoor gear, indoor shoes and a re-useable water bottle. Program runs from 9am to 4pm, with before and after care available from 8am to 5pm for an additional $5.
Click here to view our P.A. day Refund Policy
Upcoming P.A. Day Programs:
CLICK HERE to register online NOW
Or call 705-748-6324 ext. 102
- Wednesday January 3rd, 2018 – Our Canadian Heritage
- Hunting and fishing in Canada has a unique and rich history. Discover how hunting and fishing has changed over time with hands-on activities and develop a greater understanding and appreciation of our Canadian hunting and fishing heritage.
- Thursday January 4th, 2018 – Towering Trees
- The trees may be bare but they are still playing a vital role to humans and wildlife during these winter months. Learn how to identify trees in the winter and how different types of wildlife rely on them for survival.
- Friday January 5th, 2018 – Winter Survival
- Learn how wildlife adapt to harsh Canadian winters and how we can identify different types of animal sign. Survival challenges and activities will teach campers the basics of surviving in the winter wilderness.
- Friday February 2nd, 2018 – Wild Engineers
- Nature is full of builders, diggers and architects. Learn about how wildlife engineers shape our ecosystems and put your construction skills to the test with hands-on building and activities.
- Friday April 20th, 2018 – Conservation Captains
- In honour of Earth Month, this P.A. day features conservation-based activities and projects to help our native wildlife and we’ll learn how we can reduce our environmental footprint.
- Friday June 8th, 2018 – Junior Scientists
- This P.A. day explores why and how scientists study our fish, wildlife and environment while conducting our own experiments and surveys.
- Friday June 29th, 2018 – Gone Fishin’
- Cast a line and celebrate our aquatic friends! Learn about our Ontario fish species and the importance of protecting our waters while enjoying a full day of games, crafts and of course, fishing!